What is it?
It is a limited edition CD-ROM for PC and Mac - the second in a series of informative, insightful, interactive musical guides by Andrew Keeling to the secret mechanics that power the mysterious music of King Crimson. It is generously illustrated with photographs and musical notation diagrams that you simply click with your mouse to play using your computer's sound card. In addition to an analysis there's a not-to-be-missed, full study-score of 'In The Wake Of Poseidon' that you can play, print out and keep featuring a lead vocal by 21st Century Schizoid Band's Jakko Jakszyk. Plus there's a complete (electronic) copy of "The Magic Circle" by Tammo de Jongh (previously out of print for 30 years!) and a full copy of Andrew Keeling's arrangement of Robert Fripp's 'lost' string quartet - "Peace".
- Over 17,000 words
- 11 photographs many previously unpublished
- More than 40 resolution independent, multimedia, 'musical' illustrations*
- Exclusive extra feature - Full score and synthetic performance of "In The Wake Of Poseidon* featuring lead vocals by Jakko Jakszyk
- Exclusive extra features - First re-publication in over 30 years of "The Magic Circle" and other writings and artworks by Tammo de Jongh and Richard Gardner
- Exclusive extra feature - "Peace - a String Quartet". Andrew Keeling's arrangement of Robert Fripp's 'lost' string quartet is exclusively presented as a full music score and is performed by Mr McFall's Chamber.
- Exclusive extra feature - "In The Wake Of Poseidon: The Coming Of The Archetypes" - an audio-visual essay by Neil Ingram that explores the underlying themes that suffuse and inform In The Wake Of Poseidon.
This is a scholastic yet accessible work. Andrew Keeling's credentials as composer and academic are impeccable and he will be well-known to King Crimson enthusiasts as DGM recording artist and erstwhile diarist. Keeling's powerful, challenging ideas are given full throat by Mark Graham's brilliant, interactive, multimedia illustrations.This guide takes you through all the complexities of the music, stripping away layer after layer to reveal the inner workings of the exquisite machinery of harmony, counterpoint and rhythm that, seemingly so effortlessly, go together to make: In The Wake Of Poseidon.
"No self-respecting Crim-head worthy of the name can afford to be without this"
"Overshadowed by its illustrious predecessor and often overlooked by fans, In The Wake Of Poseidon can be regarded as King Crimson's forgotten album.
Now, nearly thirty four years after its release, Andrew Keeling casts an inquisitive eye on this tantalising and intriguing gem. The musical and lyrical structures of the album are probed and explored, as are the influences that came to play in the writing and recording of this album.
Nothing that went into the making of King Crimson's second release escapes Keeling's thoughtful and provocative consideration.
The collectors taste buds will also be whetted by Keeling's beautiful arrangement of Peace for string quartet as well a stunning recreation of the title track featuring a stirring vocal performance by Jakko Jakszyk."
Sid Smith, author of "In The Court of King Crimson"
*Comes complete with all necessary software to view and play score
For PC and Mac - System Requirements (PC)
Operating System: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
CPU Type: P2 or better
Hard Drive Space: 300MB
Memory: 64MB (128MB recommended)
Graphics: Any DirectX 6.1 or better compatible graphics card
CD-ROM Speed: 4x or faster
Audio: Any DierctX 6.1 or better compatible sound card